Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Peacock Porch

I have written before about the peacocks that live on the farm across the road from my house. We don't see them very often, but we ALWAYS hear them! They are quite noisy! Luckily, we can't hear them when we are inside. If we could, then we would probably go nuts!
In honor of the peacocks, I added some peacock feathers to my front porch Christmas decor...

I already had the rain boots with a peacock feather design. I put some floral foam inside the boots, added some branches that we cut from the bottom of our Christmas tree, and stuck in a few feathers.

I have an artificial garland that I use around my door and I added a few of the feathers to it, too.



I put a Christmas tree inside of an old toy box that is missing its lid...

I wrapped the base of the tree with burlap and added a sign I made using old barn wood. The snow on the sign is made using SnowTex. I painted the letters with acrylic paint.
I chose not to add peacock feathers to the tree. I didn't want to go too peacock crazy!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Well...what a different spin on the traditional Holiday decor! I like it! Love those groovy boots and I pick up peacock feathers whenever I can at a friends farm who has a couple of those beautiful yet noisy birds!

    Thanx for sharing. Merry Christmas...Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the peacock accents! And the boots arrangement is so whimsical and pretty!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful ! the peacock feathers are such a gorgeous colour. Happy Christmas ! Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the decorations, very nice. The tree looks great long with the peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and non-traditional! Love the added touch of the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have searched everywhere for these rainboots. Can you please tell me where you got them or who they are made by?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...